To Blog or Not to Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Skate Plaza

A friend of mine at work asked me to go to Skate Plaza with her this week. Her sons school was having skate night and she said last year no parents were out there skating so she wanted to go with someone who'd skate with her. It was a blast although I felt kind of old. She was right, not many parents were out there skating but the ones that did were absolutly wonderful.

The cutest part was when they decided to do a "couples skate." At first I thought no way were any kids going to participate, they're elementary kids, but they had all the girls line up against a wall and told the boys to skate around pick a girl, then when they went back by to drop her off and pick another girl. I thought that was a pretty good way to make sure all the girls get picked and there were so many girls that they had the boys pick up two girls, the funny thing was is they all skated next to each other, I don't think I saw any of them holding hands.
Well the two best moments was when a dad skated out and picked his daughter up and her face lit up. The next best part was when my friends 10 year old son, who had just told his mom earlier in the day that she could go on a field trip with him later in the week but she wasn't allowed to sit by him, skated up to her and said "Mom! go stand on the wall so I can come pick you up!" she was so touched that her little boy wasn't too embarassed to skate with her.

I reccomend that all adults go out and do a kids activity, it makes you feel good and it's still fun.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger ErinG said...

Oh my goodness! You're back! I check your blog every once in awhile to see if you post and you finally did. Hooray!

Steve (or should I say granati) and I did Awana skate night last week. It was fun. It was our 4 year old's second time skating and by the end of the night she didn't want us skating with her anymore. She thought she was a pretty good skater by that time and she felt bigger if we didn't skate with her. It was actually kind of cute.

Glad to have you back!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

About time! I love to roller skate! When I was a kid I was in the paper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter