To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sea-Town

Took a trip to Seattle this weekend and some of you may have heard that Seattle might be warmer than the Inland Northwest in the winter time because they don't really get much snow. Don't believe the lies folks, it was COLD! I mean I'm not stupid, I knew it wouldn't be in the 60's or anything but I thought it'd be a little warmer. I was disappointed.

We still spent most of our time outdoors. We went to the Woodland Park zoo which is one of the few tourist hot spots in Seattle that I had yet to do. It was fun but I recommend not going in February. Lots of the animals were tucked away indoors where you could not see them or you'd only see them through a crack in the door. The only other zoo I've ever been to was Walk In The Wild in Spokane and I believe it no longer exists. I don't remember much from it but in comparison I'd say the Woodland Park Zoo was pretty cool and very inexpensive. The next time I'm in Seattle and it's warmer out I think I'll go again so I can see my giraffes, elephants, and hippos up close.

Two more cool places that I'd recommend visiting is the restaurant Sport located across the street from the Space Needle. Any sports fan would love it. Every booth has it's own flat screen TV with a large selection of sports channels to watch, there is a huge projection TV in the middle of the place and there are large flat screens throughout the restaurant and some regular TV's outside the restaurant. They have good food, you can get a Kobe burger but if you want to add cheese and bacon you're going to be spending about $16 for it. You can order a pack of baseball cards off the menu or request a special sports menu and order sports collectibles. The coolest thing about this restaurant is that my hubby helped program all those fancy TV's.

The same guy who hired my husbands company to program Sport was meeting with my husband for some business and had him meet him at a bowling alley (that he designed) in Tukwila (also home to the South Center Mall that is huge) called ACME Bowling. WOW talk about a high tech bowling alley. They had regular lanes then part way down they turned into black light lanes, and they had projector screens that would come out of the ceiling above the lanes for special events. Then there was a special reservation area of lanes that were all black light, the seating was all nice cushy couches and all the lanes had huge screens playing music videos, there were special conference rooms, pool tables and a pretty fancy eating area and tons of fancy TV's everywhere. We didn't have time to bowl but when we go back and find ourselves wanting something to do I think we'll go to that bowling alley.

I sure do love visiting there but I don't know what I'd do if I had to drive around there ( I lived there for a summer once but only took the bus) it's so crazy and parking is a pain in the butt! Everytime we go I try to talk everyone into parking the car and taking the bus but I always lose and we always pay tons of money for parking.

8 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger granati said...

seattle is a great place to go visit. i don't know if i would want to live there though. coming from a "little" big city, i can get around streets pretty well, but seattle is just to hectic.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Driving a car is the city is nothing but a hassle. A real city has a fabulous mass transit system--something that has gotten by everyone but SF and P on the West Coast. I agree; it would be really hard to live and drive in the city. hey, when do you start your new job??

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

I am so glad to hear from you! I'll email from work.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

I like Seattle too. Been a long time since I have been there. Maybe this summer - it will be one of our 3-day weekends.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Toni said...

My husband's aunt lives in Mukilteo; above where the ferry crossing is for Whidbey Island. What a view....what a place to visit....what a place to leave!! I am a small town girl....

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

BA!! I miss you!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

BREE ANN. I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Woodland Park is my favorite zoo, you should see it in the summer. Next time you go to Seattle, check out the EMP (music museum next to the space needle) and The Ye Olde Curiosity Shop on the waterfront.

Also, there is a fairly cheap parking lot on 5th and Mercer near the Space Needle. From there you can take the monorail downtown. Once there you can walk to anything of interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter