To Blog or Not to Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Adventures in Step Aerobics

My hubby has been going to a step aerobics class (he's been about 4 times) and so yesterday I decided I was going to go with him. I was a little anxious about going. In college I took 3 semesters of kickboxing aerobics and did Tae Bo tapes fairly often, so about a year and a half ago I joined a gym and one day decided to try the kickboxing class, I knew they went pretty fast through stuff but I figured I'd taken tons of kickboxing class, I would be fine. Unlike the gyms at college, this gym had mirrors on every wall and I saw not only how pale I was but how unbelievably uncoordinated I was. I could barley keep up and I looked like an idiot. So this is why I was so anxious to do step aerobics, in addition I'm also kinda klutzy and this involves hopping up and down off of a step.

Just like I thought, I couldn't get this down very well either. Thankfully there was an unusually high amount of new comers last night so I must not have been the only one not getting it because the instructor finally said "I'm going to have to scrap my plan and do something else" we ended up doing a lot of jump roping (without the rope) and some other tedious exercises.

My husband wants me to go back on Thur. but I'm afraid of never being able to get the steps down, I think I need to go buy some Tae Bo tapes and stick to working out at home where I can't see how bad I am. Plus Tae Bo has an added benefit, you get to take your aggressions out by pretending your punching and kicking the crap out of someone you don't like.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

ahhhhhhhh. Go back. I dare ya. ;)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Bre said...

Well gee, if you're daring me I better do it. =)

I only have a free 3 day pass so I have to decide if I'm going to commit to it or not, so I better go one more time, because then I'll have to start paying for the class.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Toni said...

From your post this morning:

Yup, I am a flower child!!! Love to flower garden.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter