To Blog or Not to Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Superbowl Party Countdown...20 Days

One day the husband was going through his emails and a friend of ours had sent out a mass email to some of our other friends and the email said something along the lines of "Hey everybody, we're having a superbowl party this year and it's at "the hubby's" house" So hubby came out in the living room and said "Uh, looks like so and so volunteered us to have a superbowl party this year."

I'm anxiously awaiting this superbowl party. Why you ask? (ok so you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway)
Is it because we have a great tradition of superbowl partys that always prove to be fun and entertaining? Yes, but that's not the best part.
Is it because I love football? Nope, not even close.
Is it because I'm dying with anticipation to see the Seahawks make it to the superbowl? No, but that'd be pretty sweet, I'd actually be excited about a team.
Is it because I can't wait for those wacky commercials? Eh...they've been a little weak in the past couple years.
Is it because I'm excited to see my friends traveling from near and far? Yes, that's a good one too, but not what I'm getting at.
Is it because I'm Betty Homemaker and love to entertain guests? Heck no!

It's the FOOD!!! The hubby and I and our friends we are dieting with have designated the Superbowl as our day to cheat on our diets! Dieting is seriously hard for me, my body seems to just crave sugar and greasy foods, I'm dying for a cheeseburger! I've decided along with all the fatty foods I'm also going to do a veggie tray and fat free dip and some other low cal/low fat foods that way I can stick to eating healthy but I can also eat a cheeseburger and some coleslaw. I'm in love with coleslaw, I used to hate it but one day I was really wanting some, don't know why since I didn't like it, but I ate some anyways and it was soooo good. =)

Anybody else hosting a superbowl party or attending one?

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

Super Bowl parties are all about whose wife/girlfriend bakes the best eats. So true. It is never about football or beer. ;-)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Dang it, my friend is bringing jalapeno roll ups those are always the best, I'm screwed!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Toni said...

My husband loves football and NASCAR, he never misses a game; I never watch one. Good thing I have my computer. I don't know if you are aware; I have a new blog besides the Calico Girls, it is Idaho Nature Trails; the link is on HBO or you can view it at
http://idahonaturetrails.blogspot.com/ My photography, hopefully updated almost daily.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Bre said...

I'll have to check it out, thanks Toni!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter