To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

I've got nothin'

I have nothing of interest or value to talk about, but I have the NEED to post something. So I will bore you all with a diet update. Wedensday will be my one month dietversery.

I cheated once. We went to the White House and they give you a choice of sides, fries or pasta salad. I don't really enjoy either but when the fries came I couldn't resist and had about 5. But 5 fries is the only fast food/junk food I've had in almost a month. I never realized how much junk I ate until now.

So I think I'm losing some weight. My weight still flucuates everyday but I must say I have not gone over a certain amount in about 2 weeks so I must have lost something I'm guessing between 3-6 pounds. And I have been measuring the fattest part of my stomach with a belt because I can't find my measuring tape and it looks like I'm about 1/2 inch smaller than when I started. Yipee!

I am already bored with my gazelle (exercise equipment.) I've found a way to get my heart rate up and start sweating (this particular equipment is very easy to just casually stroll along on and not get a really good workout) but I'm bored. I thought if I had a TV in front of me I wouldn't get as bored, like I do at the gym. But I'm still bored. I'll have to save up the really good shows that keep me completly entertained that way I won't get so distracted.

The hubby is losing weight as well, those darn guys lose weight faster and he's lost about 18 lbs. I'd be in heaven to lose 18lbs, I might even be done with the dang diet at 18lbs. Oh wait that's right, it's not a diet, it's a "lifestyle change."

11 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Run the CdA Marathon with me!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Run the CdA Marathon with me!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

Im like you Bre - no great reduction of BMI to report. But, 3-6 lbs a month is worth the watch! Summer will look better if we can do this. Me working again is helping a lot!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Bre said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! Jbelle you so funny. Me run? HAHAHAHA. I tried running not this weekend but the last one, boy am I out of shape, my body and running don't get along with each other.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

If I can do it, anyone can!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dogwalkmusings said...

Ha! I'll sit on the sidelines with bre cheering jb3ll3 on! Maybe we'll put a sports drink in Bacchus' barrel rather than really getting into the "spirit" of things!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I've gained a couple pounds in the last month. Here's to gaining more!

I'm actually on a reverse diet. I'm a skinny kid and my metabolism is super quick, so I'm in the gym lifting weights to gain muscle mass.

I love working out it's one of my favorite things to do!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sam said...

P.S. ~ 18 pounds in a month is A LOT to lose. That could be unhealthy, actually.

3-6 pounds in a month is a GOOD weight loss.

In 6 months you will have lost anywhere from 18-36 pounds. That's GREAT!

Keep up the good work, Bre.

And also, if you want to speed up your metabolism at all, spread out your healthy meals throughout the day - eat like 6 small meals instead of 3 normal ones. And always make sure to eat breakfast.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Sam! You speak the truth!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Bre said...

I have started eating breakfast which I NEVER ate before. It's only a cereal bar, but better than nothing. It's hard for me to spread meals throughout the day, I'm allowed to take breaks at work, but we don't have a break room so unless I want to go stand in our small kitchen or outside in the cold there's not really anywhere to eat a snack/meal.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Bre, you crack me up too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter