To Blog or Not to Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

How NOT to get a job

A man walks in and asks to speak to the manager

Me: Can I get your name sir?

Man: Mr. So and So

Me: Will he know who you are?

Man: No but his assistant will.

Me: Well that's who I have to talk to so that'll work. (big smile)

Manager is gone and assistant is getting ready to head into a meeting.

Me: I'm sorry the manager is out, would you like to leave a message.

Man: Well then let me speak to the assistant.

Me: I'm sorry sir, she's on a phone call.

Man:(not believing me about the phone call) Well let me speak to the other manager.

Me: I'm sorry, he's out of the office as well, can I take a message?

Man: Geez does anybody in this office work? I'm just going to wait here for the assistant to get off the phone then.

I run back to the assistants office and let her know he's going to wait, she gets mad says "fine then let him wait, I'll be in a meeting."

Finally the guy leaves after getting huffy that she wasn't going to come talk to him. I report back to the assistant what he said and she informs me he wants a job here. She then called him and informed him not to hold his breath on ever hearing from us again. (He denied saying the remark about anybody working around here.)

UPDATE: The man came back to the office to apologize to each of us that he offended, the assistant is reconsidering giving him a second chance.

UPDATE 2: The man came back again today, bringing flowers and candy for the ladies that he offended. Maybe I need to change the title of my post "How to successfully piss off some ladies and how to make up for it."

8 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger stebbijo said...

Look at it this way Bre -- Maybe he was just meeting the requirements for employment benefits and did not really want the job? :-o

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

okay, no offense, HONESTLY, but truely? who'd wanna work at your office??? okay, okay I'm outta here.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Dogwalkmusings said...

Dare I ask just where it is you work??

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Gee, this guy sounds like he will fit in and work out fine, doesn't he? xxoo

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger stebbijo said...

I have obviously been doing it all wrong -- I just don't have the money to kiss up. I am floored - again. That's it - I need to start bringing Heath and Welfare chocolates for food stamps! ;-)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Bre said...

Stebbi, Chocolate is the solution to everything. =)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Patches & Mittens said...

Patches just informed me there is someone here at the nap a thon she thinks is in disguise. Is Lola home? Just wondering......

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Patches & Mittens said...

Mom wanted me to tell you that you can have a button, if you like. I kinda thought it was her....but she fit in just fine!! She even ate kitty foods!! And she is a great napper....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter