To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Email yourself in the future

I found an interesting article on MSN today here, you can send yourself an email and it will be delivered to you in the future. Kind of like the time capsule concept but with technology. I guess most of the people that have done it have set their email to be sent to them with in three years but some go as far as 20, will I even still have the same email address in 20 years? You can also send it to other people and set it to be delivered at a specific time. Kind of weird. There are also two sites http://www.lastwishes.com and http://mylastemail.com that promise to send out emails to loved ones after you die. That would be so weird and creepy to get an email from a loved one that has died, I guess it could also be comforting to know that your loved one was thinking about you, but still a littl creepy. Plus how do they know when you've died? Big Brother?
If you want to send yourself an email in the future, go here
http://www.futureme.org

5 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

What a cheap easy way to do up a will. I guess you would have to trust someone with a password to your email account ( email trustee) to push the send button.

I like the send yourself an email -- would if that would work for patents ect, I wonder?

Unreal ....

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

I dunno. I would just flip out if I received an email from someone who had passed away.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Dogwalkmusings said...

Hey Bre - Bored in Idaho? Why don't you join my bud and me as GOLLYgals. Click the link on my site and see what we're up to. We don't allow bored!!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Dogwalkmusings said...

Bre - I need an e-mail!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dogwalkmusings said...

PS: Thanks for adding me as a link! Both we gollygals live in Diamond BAr Estates - Ramsey and Boekel just north of Lancaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter