To Blog or Not to Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stupid Dad Alert

I was in the Costco parking lot today walking back to my car and this family was also walking and the dad was pushing the cart with a little guy in the cart seat and then he told two other kids to hold on to the cart, one on the front, one on the side. Then he runs and down the aisle (outside in the parking lot) and him and the kids are speeding along in the cart.

How stupid can you get racing around with three small kids on an unstable grocery cart in the busiest parking lot in town! Busy parking lots, mixed with discount prices equals crazy shoppers that forget how to drive! They are so anxious to find a parking spot close the the door they are racing around trying to beat other cars to the spots, or they are so anxious to get the hell outta there that they are trying to spend out of their parking space. I see near misses in parking lots all the time because people aren't' paying attention or other cars are driving way too fast for a parking lot. When I back out I try to go slow so I don't ram another car but I'm not expecting a shopping cart to fly by with three kids and an adult attached to it, or when I turn the corner I don't want to be facing that head on either!

Thankfully there were no near misses with them.

5 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

My children were good to go for driving alone NOT when the state said so and gave them a real license, but when they could navigate the Costco parking lot to my satisfaction. Talk about a trial by fire, everytime!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

I have to go to Costco this weekend for food for the GPrep foodrive; I wonder if I could take the bus, walk in, and then leave the stuff for the Prep kids to pick up? :)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Well you sure are a nice lady to go out and buy food for the food drive instead of take all the gross beets and canned squash out of your cupboards and give that junk away. I'm sure the people in need will appreciate it very much.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

I always get 'em peanut butter and peaches and rice and all the stuff, mac & cheese, I fed my little kids. Soup, syrup for pancakes, you know, stuff that perks you up when you open the cupboard.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

The season has just begun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter