To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, October 24, 2005

Pumpkin Carving Contest

So my friends and I had a pumpkin carving contest on Saturday. It was great fun. We all went to the store and picked out our pumpkins and ordered several Papa Murphy's piazza's and then headed back to the pumpkin carving headquarters to start the contest.

We discovered that we can squish ten people (two of them pregnant, full term) and two tables into my friends dining area. My friend had laid down some plastic on the floor before we started and her husband asked "why are you putting plastic down? We won't get anything on the floor." to which I replied, "Well since our earlier croquet tournament turned into an apple and grape bashing contest, I think we have a problem with throwing fruit at each other, so I'm going to say that pumpkin guts end up on the floor." Not 5 minutes into our carving contest, my friends husband (the same one who'd questioned the plastic) hucked a chunk of pumpkin at my husbands head. Through out the contest several people were trying in some way or another to sneak pumpkin guts onto someone else, needless to say, pumpkin guts ended up not only all over everyone, but on the floor as well.

So when we were all done carving my friends parents came over to judge the contest. We had 10 different prizes that my hubby and I picked out. (super sweet prizes from Wal-marts toy aisle) and 10 categories that way everyone wins. Actually we only had 9 prizes because my hubby miscounted, so I had to forfeit my prize. I won Best Freehand. (there was also a best stencil category) Which I'm very proud of, but everyone already knew I'd win it, I'm the "artist" of the bunch, so the victory wasn't that sweet, but still cool.

Afterwards we were all sitting in the living room chatting away and my friends dog came and sat in my lap and all of the sudden I felt something warm and looked down and the dog was peeing on me! I yelled out "Roxy is peeing on me!" and everyone looked and laughed and when the dog got off my lap, several people whipped out their cameras and took a picture. The dog had peed in the perfect spot to make it look as if I'd peed my own pants.

I love get togethers with friends. Some other "adults" may find our antics immature, but it's good clean fun and I love it!

6 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

We are sad and shocked. The behavior of your friend's dog is scandalous.

The Chow Nation
Bellemaison
The 'Kan EWA

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Bre said...

This dog is very well potty trained, she must have been mad at me for something.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Increase your Adsense Earnings

I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

I need 70 carved pumpkins for the graveyard at Bellemaison for the Howloweenie 50 next Monday night. You friends wouldn't wanna come this weekend, would they???

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger stebbijo said...

I will sell you a special battery operated pumpkin carving knife with a orange handle -- it will make things much easier for you!

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger usadiane said...

"Roxy is peeing on me"!

Priceless....you need to wear protective clothing around Roxy. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter