To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Well I got all dressed up on Saturday night and headed out to the bars for some Halloween costume contests. I was dressed up as Medusa and I'd made myself a head piece full of gold snakes, well it was my turn to get up on stage and no one was cheering for me, not even my friends and my husband (they all claim to have been not paying attention or didn't realize I was on stage) and to top it off there was this girl by the edge of the stage and she was ferociously booing me. I'm not sure why I was being booed by this girl, but it made me feel bad. I did however have some individual admirers who told me so through out my time there so that made me feel a little better. My husband and one of our friends went as The ambiguously Gay Duo, a cartoon sketch from Mad TV and they won 3rd place and they each got a $40 gift certificate instead of having to split $40 between the two so that was awesome.

The second bar was better, they had three categories, funniest, sexiest and scariest and I didn't really think I fit into any , I wasn't scary or sexy enough but I tried for sexiest anyway and thankfully got some cheers this time, and one gentlemen was very angry at the judge for not knowing who I was, the judge called me crazy hair lady, and the guy shouted out "it's Medusa you bleepity bleep!"

I, nor any of my friends won any of those contests but it was still fun.

Today I am dressed as a chick from the 80's. I had to go a little more conservative for work. And I thought I was pulling off the 80's look pretty well, but I had two inquires as to if I was a gypsy, 2 asking if I was a hippie, one pirate, a Britney Spears, a person from the 70's and a Cindy Lauper, and then one guy said I looked like the girls from the movie 13 Going on 30. The last two were the only ones to get it right ( I wasn't specifically trying to be Cindy Lauper but good enough) It figures, the two that made those guesses are only 4 years older than me. So the 80's were prime time for them.

I've also been told by two people that I seriously should wear my hair this way on a regular basis (crimped and pulled into a half pony tail on top of my head and fluffed out) and one lady though I should dress this way (TONS of funky jewelry, ripped jeans, pink and teal make-up) I think a few people at my work fell out of the crazy tree.

I have pictures of the medusa costume and I'm going to stop by my moms and have her take a picture of the 80's costume and I'll be posting them hopefully in the next couple of days.

Everyone have a Happy and Safe Halloween!!!!

7 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

Oh good! I am so into the pictures! Your Medusa costume sounds hot! Between the both of them we won't really know who you are!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

Cretans! Don't know a good Medusa when she's hissing in their face?? I was Medusa for the Christ Child's Sweet 16 ( or, as his boys called it 16! sweeeet) Mardi Gras. I had snakes, wings and hypnotizing eyes. But you had golden snakes! OH MY! If you had been at Dempsey's in the downtown of The 'Kan, you would have killed 'em and taken the top money.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Your Medusa sounds like it was a lot better than mine! Oh well it was something fun and different. I wanted to go as the Corpse Bride but I thought everyone would do that but I didn't see one Corpse Bride.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger granati said...

um, did you go to target on halloween dressed up. if you did, i may have seen you. what was the hub dressed up as?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Nope, I didn't go to Target.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger photokorea said...

Hello

I woul like to tell photo contest information on your cool blog site.


Dynamic korea

Apply 2005 Photo contestApply 2005 Photo contest

More information
click here

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger amacdrummer said...

I enjoyed your sexy couple blog. You should check out this lingerie site... **SexyBedroomAttire**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter