To Blog or Not to Blog

Monday, October 17, 2005

Blog Monster

Phew, that darn blog monster came in and ate up my blog. So I'm going to try out pink for a while. If it gets to be too obnoxious I saw a more toned down pink template that I might have to replace it with.

I had the lovely job of staining my fence this weekend, it took me almost 3 hours to do one side of the fence! So the next day I bought a sprayer, so much faster and less painful. Although it still is a little painful, towards the end my hand was so tired from the sprayer vibrating so much I kept loosening my grip on the darn thing.

We're still not done, I didn't want to finish the last side from inside our yard, because we'd be spraying in the direction of our neighbors house and it's pretty close to the fence and although I dont' think the spray traveled through the cracks in the fence I'm afraid the wind would carry it over the fence or something. So I have to figure out a way to do it, other than doing it by hand, maybe either my husband or I should go on the other side of the fence and hold up a tarp or something while the other sprays. Oh well I'll eventually figure it out, hopefully before it's too late to finish it.

Our other staining delema is that we bought untreated wood so it needs to be stained to protect it from the weather and I chose a dark red stain and we planned on staining the two sides that face into our neighbors yards , one neighbor is still under construction and they haven't moved in and the other neighbor has, and I feel it's our duty to put some sort of protectant on it since we bought the wood untreated and we didn't wait for our neighbors to move in to discuss a fence (we have a dog and wanted a fence up right away) but I don't know if they'll like the dark red, I can ask the one neighbor but I don't know about the other nieghbor it looks like their house is a long way from being done so who knows when they'll move it.

So this is probably the most boring post in the history of blogs, but it's all that I could think of to write, maybe if I'd gone into less detail...?

6 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger stebbijo said...

OMG -- this blogocide thing is for real -- everyone is doing it!

Pink is good!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

If I moved into a new house with a great new fence, I wouldn't care what color it was! I think you are wonderful neighbors to take such care with such pesky details.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Well too bad you're not my neighbor Jbelle. Unfortunatly it seems like lots of people around here like the vinyl fences. Our neighbor that has moved in said he was debating and leaning towards vinyl and we made his decision for him. (he said that in a nice way)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger jb3ll3 said...

hey Bre! where did you live when you were at IDAHO?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Bre said...

Jbelle are you referring to when I was at U of I? I lived all over. In the dorms for two years, F street, Harrison, 8th, Almon. I think that's it. =) I've moved at least once a year, sometimes twice a year since I started college. I think we'll make it at least two years in the new house (I hope!)

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Agilemind-txQ said...

Hi, your blog is great! Here is a new website that tells us about Vinyl Fences, so just browse through when you have the chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counter